The primary purpose of the Outreach Manager is to work within the SEO team to develop and successfully execute the outreach and content marketing strategy for Ripe’s group of products, ensuring results are achieved at the required pace. The outreach and content marketing strategy will drive SEO performance by increasing online authority and improving organic search visibility.
- Develop and deliver the outreach and digital PR campaign strategy for Ripe’s group of products, ensuring this aligns with the overall SEO strategy.
- Work with the SEO team to deliver content marketing and SEO campaigns, from idea generation to delivery and outreach to generate links.
- Recommend and execute an off-site content strategy to include blogger / influencer outreach, competitions, link reclamation and external content creation / guest posting on relevant content sites.
- Commission and/or undertake bespoke research to create unique data for the purpose of generating earned editorial mentions and links.
- Develop an “always-on” press office function that includes issuing company news when required, thought leadership and timely commentary/reaction to relevant news events.
- Work closely with social media executives to outreach campaigns and key messaging and build on existing media / influencer relationships.
- Build and nurture relationships with Tier 1 publications across all verticals.
- Identify and build relationships with social influencers with the aim of pitching relevant content as and when available.
- Attend relevant industry and trade events to understand audience and build relationships with relevant experts and influencers.
- Work with external PR consultant to develop strategy for brand ambassadors - Bernard Gallacher and Lizzie Deignan - ensuring this activity maximises our opportunities from an outreach perspective.
- Compiling regular reports on outreach performance via Digital & Board reports.
- To help deliver required policy volumes from SEO at target CPA.
- Grow the number of relevant, high-quality inbound links to all Ripe websites.
- To deliver growth in organic traffic through the consistent delivery of authoritative links to all Ripe websites.
- To focus all efforts on activities which will have the greatest impact on business objectives
- To build strong relationships within Marketing team to ensure outreach strategy aligns with marketing strategy, business objectives and seasonality.
- To keep up to date with the latest developments in digital PR, content marketing, social media and SEO.
What a good Ripe Insurance marketer looks like:
- Someone who is passionate about digital marketing!
- Someone who is curious and asks lots of questions
- Someone who challenges and generates new ideas – not just continues with an activity or process “because we’ve always done it that way”
- Someone who always puts themselves in the shoes of the user/consumer and considers ideas from their perspective
- Someone who communicates in a clear, concise and articulate manner – verbally or in writing
- Someone who always thinks through the consequences and impacts of marketing activity and creates an appropriate customer journey
- Someone who strives for continuous improvement and never settles for “that’ll do”
- Experience in a similar type of role, such as outreach, content marketing, digital PR and communications or journalism
- Educated to degree level with a strong record of academic achievement
- Strong command of English language – grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Experience building strong relationships with journalists, influencers, bloggers etc that have resulted in link generation and delivered SEO results
- A passionate interest in sports and leisure and an awareness of key events and trends for the Ripe Insurance product markets, including golf, cycling, sailing, music, fitness and more
- Experience in managing social media channels, primarily Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Experience of content marketing and social media analytics, reporting and strategy
- Experience sourcing quotes, conducting interviews and pitching over the phone
- Exceptional attention to detail with an eye for consistency
- Great all-round communication skills – written and verbal
- A pro-active person who can deliver to strict deadlines
- A self-starter with a willingness to learn and the ability to consistently come up with fresh ideas and spot opportunities for outreach & content marketing
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work with wider marketing team and external agencies or partners
- English or journalism degree or NCTJ trained
- Experience working in a sports-related or financial services environment
- A sound understanding of SEO principles, onsite keyword optimisation and other related digital marketing tactics
- A sound understanding of Wordpress
- Experience producing multimedia content
- Experience of working with Google Analytics, BuzzSumo and ResponseSource / Vuelio
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C or above including maths and English
- 3 A levels (or equivalent) at grade C or above including English
To apply for this role please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org