Why insure your dinghy with us?
There’s always the chance your dinghy could be stolen or damaged on the water, leaving you both unable to participate and set back financially.
That’s why it’s essential to have our dinghy insurance. This will protect your dinghy against theft, accidental damage, malicious damage and salvage charges. You’ll also be covered for local club racing, so if you take part in club-organised races in your dinghy we’ll cover you for these, as well as those organised by other local sailing clubs.
What’s more, no matter how experienced you are at sailing your dinghy, travelling at high speeds combined with changing weather can cause accidents. It’s not unheard of for dinghies to collide when competing. With our Third Party Liability cover up to £3 million included as standard, your liability will be protected if you have an accident that damages another boat, property or injures another person.
Want even more protection? You can choose to add more cover from our optional extras. For example, our European cover which ensures you can sail your dinghy for up to 60 days’ at any one time for inland and coastal waters of Europe*.
Our dinghy insurance policies can be completely tailored to you and your dinghy (including Laser dinghies), so you’ll only ever pay for the cover you need.
About our cover:
- Build your own policy so you don’t need to pay for cover you don’t need
- Quickly add on European cover and Winter cover if you need it
- £3 million Third Party Liability included as standard
- Our cover extends to any person in charge of your dinghy, with your permission
- Up to 25% no claims discount if you’ve made no claims in the past 5 years
What does dinghy insurance cover?
A dinghy insurance policy will cover the costs incurred as result of theft or damage and protect your legal liability if your dinghy damages someone else’s property, another boat, or injures someone.
How much is dinghy insurance?
The cost depends on a few other factors. These include the value of your dinghy, your age, your usual mooring type and location (UK/abroad), your marine experience and your claims history. You can get a quick quote to see what your policy will cost – but we can guarantee that you won’t find the same cover for less.
The Ripe Guarantee
Our build your own dinghy insurance policies have been rubberstamped with a Ripe Guarantee.
- We only work with the UK’s leading insurers including Aviva and RSA.
- We have a slick quote and buy process - our aim is to help you get a quote by asking as few questions as possible.
- We’ve ‘unpackaged’ insurance - pick and choose your cover options so you only pay for the cover you need.
- We regularly benchmark our prices against the competition.
- We have over 10,500 Trustpilot reviews which rate us on average as ‘Excellent’.
If you find the same cover for cheaper elsewhere, we won’t be beaten on price. With Insure4Boats on board, it’s plain sailing.
*Limited to Belgium, Holland, France (but not West of Brest) and Eire (but restricted to the Irish sea)