Underwritten by Aviva Insurance Limited

Specialist musician and musical instrument insurance

Whether you're playing live, teaching others or just want to cover your kit, we can help you build the perfect policy.

  • Monthly payments
  • UK customer service team
  • Rated 'Excellent' on Trustpilot
  • Underwritten by Aviva

Get a quote

Why choose Ripe for music insurance?

Stand-alone Public Liability cover

Just need Public Liability cover for an upcoming gig or event? You can quickly purchase standalone cover and get proof sent straight to your phone.

Our cover

Backed by the Ripe Guarantee

Insurance that takes good care of you with great cover, exceptional service at the right price.

Our guarantee

Equipment cover up to £50,000

Our equipment cover protects you in case your instrument/music equipment is lost, damaged or stolen including from a vehicle or venue.

Find out more

Who we insure

Why you need specialist music insurance?

Theft, loss or damage

If your musical instrument or kit is lost, accidentally damaged or stolen, we’ll repair or replace it.
We’ll replace instruments new for old* or at market value.
Your kit is covered 24 hours a day both at home and away from home, including in a vehicle, studio or venue.

Start quote

Playing live

Up to £5m Public Liability cover to protect you if you injure someone or cause damage when performing.
Public Liability cover will be required by most venues before you’re allowed to perform.
Proof of Public Liability cover will be sent to your phone within minutes.

Start quote


Up to £1m Professional Indemnity cover in case you’re deemed liable to have given negligent advice or service.
Public Liability cover in case one of your students hurts themselves or damages third party property under your tuition.
Proof of insurance provided to your phone within minutes.

Start quote

Don’t assume your gear is covered under your home insurance policy. Take a look at our comparison table for Specialist Music Insurance Vs. Household Insurance.

What does music insurance cover?

Public Liability cover up to £5m

Cover in case you’re held liable for an injury to another person or damage to third party property when performing or teaching. Professional Indemnity is included FREE which will cover your legal liability if you’re deemed liable to have given negligent advice or service.

Equipment cover up to £50K

Protects your kit in case it’s accidentally lost, accidentally damaged or stolen, including from a vehicle or venue. We’ll pay to repair or replace the item.

Personal Accident cover up to £30k

If you’re involved in a serious accident whilst performing, you’ll be covered if the accident results in loss of limbs, permanent loss of sight, partial loss of sight, permanent total disability or accidental death. Dental treatment is also included (a £50 excess applies).

Worldwide cover

If you’re a UK resident and you need cover outside the UK, you can upgrade your policy to cover your kit when you’re travelling abroad for a small premium.

Excess Waiver

By selecting excess waiver with our music equipment cover, you won’t be liable for any part of the claim.

Performance cover

Performance Cover will cover Loss of Earnings, Equipment Breakdown and Music Equipment Hire to keep you playing whilst you’re waiting for a repair or replacement.

Check out some of our great reviews

*If your equipment is ever lost, stolen or damaged beyond repair, we can replace it New for Old if it was bought new and is up to 3 years old. Or if you have an instrument over 3 years old, we’ll replace it at market value.

back to top

Please enter a valid email address.

Please Please tick one of the boxes below.

Let's stay in touch. Sign up to receive special offers and exclusive discounts.

Your data is safe with us and you can unsubscribe at any time. For more information, please see our Privacy policy.

Thank you for subscribing, you’ll be hearing from us soon!