Motor boat insurance
Why insure your motor boat with us?
Motorboats don’t come cheap. If your motorboat was damaged and it was uninsured, or if onboard items were stolen, you could be down thousands of pounds and left unable to go boating again.
Our motorboat insurance protects your motorboat against damage and theft, so you needn’t worry if an incident occurs. In addition, there’s always the possibility you could bump into another boat or injure someone else, particularly when travelling at high speeds or in low visibility.
We provide you with up to £3 million Third Party Liability as standard, so you can afford to pay the legal fees if your motorboat damages another boat, someone else’s property, or causes injury to a person.
With our motorboat insurance policy, you can add on the optional extras you may need. These include European cover*, which will cover you up to 60 days at any one time on the inland and coastal waters of Europe, and Winter cover which will allow you to use your motorboat on coastal waters outside of 1st April and 31st October. This does not apply to boats only used on inland waters.
With Insure4Boats you can build your own policy, meaning you’ll never have to pay for any unnecessary extras.
About our cover:
- Build your own policy so you don’t need to pay for cover you don’t need
- Quickly add on European cover and Winter cover if you need it
- £3 million Third Party Liability included as standard with all Hull & Machinery cover
- Cruise the inland and coastal waters of the UK and Europe, exclusions apply
- Our cover extends to any person in charge of your motorboat, with your permission
- 0% APR on monthly premiums over £50
- Up to 25% no claims discount if you’ve made no claims in the past 5 years
- Up to 10% discount if you moor your boat in a recognised marina
What does motor boat insurance cover?
Motor boat insurance covers a wide range of boats, from inland crafts to motor cruisers. Motor boats can be covered up to maximum speed of 50 knots. The following mooring types are also covered; marina, ashore, pontoon, and swing, trot or pile.
Motor boat insurance is there to protect you, your boat and other boat users against theft or damage to your boat. Our cover also protects your liability in the event that your boat causes damage to another boat, property or injuries to a person. With us in tow, you can head out into the wild blue yonder with peace of mind.
How much is motor boat insurance?
The cost of your motor boat insurance will vary, depending on a number of factors. These include; the type of cover that you opt for, the maximum speed of your boat, its value, its age, the mooring location of your motor boat and your own age, marine experience and claims history. Grab a speedy quote and truly enjoy your time on the water – happy boating!
The Ripe Guarantee
Our build your own motor boat insurance policies have been rubberstamped with a Ripe Guarantee.
- We only work with the UK’s leading insurers including Aviva and RSA.
- We have a slick quote and buy process - our aim is to help you get a quote by asking as few questions as possible.
- We’ve ‘unpackaged’ insurance - pick and choose your cover options so you only pay for the cover you need.
- We regularly benchmark our prices against the competition.
- We have over 10,500 Trustpilot reviews which rate us on average as ‘Excellent’.
If you find the same cover for cheaper elsewhere, we won’t be beaten on price. With Insure4Boats on board, it’s plain sailing.
*Limited to Belgium, Holland, France (but not West of Brest) and Eire (but restricted to the Irish sea).