Sailing yacht insurance
Why insure your sailing yacht with us?
The price tag is the first thing that comes to mind. With many sailing yachts costing over £75,000, they are a very valuable piece of equipment to possess, and the thought of it getting damaged can lead to sleepless nights. That’s why taking out our sailing yacht insurance is a must for any sailing yacht owner. You can protect your sailing yacht against theft, accidental damage, malicious damage and salvage charges, so you have confidence when you’re out on the water and when your pride and joy is left unoccupied.
On top of this, if you damaged someone else’s boat or property whilst sailing, or even injured someone else it’s important you can afford the claim against you. As such, we provide £3 million Third Party Liability as standard to protect you from the above. In addition, our insurance policies include local club racing. So, if you take part in club-organised races in your sailing yacht we’ll cover you for races that take place at your club, as well as those organised by other local sailing clubs.
We know that venturing abroad on your sailing yacht is an unforgettable experience, so you might like to choose European cover from our optional extras. It will ensure that you’re covered for 60 days at any one time for inland and coastal waters of Europe*. We also offer other add-ons such as Winter cover and Personal Accident, so you can tailor your policy to suit your needs.
About our cover:
- Build your own policy so you don’t need to pay for cover you don’t need
- Quickly select your European mooring location if your sailing yacht is permanently moored in Europe
- £3 million Third Party Liability included as standard with all policies
- Sail the inland and coastal waters of the UK and Europe, exclusions apply
- Our cover extends to any person in charge of your sailing yacht, with your permission
- Up to 25% no claims discount if you’ve made no claims in the past 5 years
- Up to 10% discount if you moor your boat in a recognised marina
What does sailing yacht insurance cover?
Sailing yacht insurance will cover your boat up to a maximum of 50ft. in length. A variety of mooring types can be covered on a sailing yacht insurance policy such as; marinas, ashore, pontoon, swing, trot and pile. Included as standard is local club racing. Sailing yacht insurance will protect your boat against theft or damage or protect your liability if your boat causes damage to another boat, property, or injury to a person. We aim to give you the utmost confidence when out at sea, so you can truly enjoy the capabilities of your boat in the knowledge that we’ll be there to navigate you out of any trouble.
How much is sailing yacht insurance?
There are a few variables which may impact how much your sailing yacht insurance will cost. These include; the level of cover you choose, the value of your boat, the age of your boat, your age and marine claims history. However, we know that you won’t find the same cover for less.
The Ripe Guarantee
Our build your own sailing yacht insurance policies have been rubberstamped with a Ripe Guarantee.
- We only work with the UK’s leading insurers including Aviva and RSA.
- We have a slick quote and buy process - our aim is to help you get a quote by asking as few questions as possible.
- We’ve ‘unpackaged’ insurance - pick and choose your cover options so you only pay for the cover you need.
- We regularly benchmark our prices against the competition.
- We have over 10,500 Trustpilot reviews which rate us on average as ‘Excellent’.
If you find the same cover for cheaper elsewhere, we won’t be beaten on price. With Insure4Boats on board, it’s plain sailing.
*Limited to Belgium, Holland, France (but not West of Brest) and Eire (but restricted to the Irish sea).