Insurance for Musical Equipment

What is Specialist Music Equipment Insurance?

Playing awesome music isn’t just about natural talent – you also need the right equipment to put on a show. That’s why specialist music equipment insurance is important, so that if something happens to your equipment, you don’t end up paying out potentially vast sums for repairs or replacements.

Our music equipment insurance is designed to protect your gear against theft, loss and damage, whether you’re at home or out and about.

With Insure4Music, you can have peace of mind knowing that you’re covered for even the most unfortunate of incidents.

What do we insure?

Whatever musical equipment you own, we most likely insure it.We insure PA systems, microphones, speakers, lighting equipment, smoke machines and much more. If you’re unsure about if we insure an item, simply call us on 0800 112 4752 and we’ll let you know.

Why do you need Equipment cover?

No matter how well you look after your equipment, it could be damaged or stolen.

That’s where we come in. Our Equipment cover protects your professional audio, lighting and stage equipment against theft, loss and accidental damage, both at home and when you’re out and about. It covers equipment worth up to £50,000, with a maximum of £15,000 per single item.

It makes sure your equipment can be repaired or replaced as quickly as possible, and we’ll also insure up to £30,000 of equipment left in a secure studio. What’s more, it includes the collective value of all your gear, meaning you don’t have to list every piece of kit you want to insure.

Remember, almost all home insurance policies don’t cover equipment that is lost, stolen or damaged away from the home. In fact, some insurance policies don’t cover specialist musical equipment at all.

By contrast, we cover your musical equipment at home, in a secure studio, and an unattended vehicle overnight. What more could you want?

  • Musicians can cover their equipment against theft, loss and damage.
  • If an item is less than three years old – and was bought new – we’ll replace it New-for-Old. We also cover laptops which are less than 18 months old and were bought new.
  • We’ll pay for repairs or replacements up to the figure stated in your Insurance Schedule.

Can one policy cover more than one person?

Thanks to our easy-to-buy insurance, the answer is yes. If you play with someone else or you’re in a band, you can take out one policy for the whole group – all we need is a list of names.

Do you want to play or perform abroad?

We know different musicians have different needs. That’s why, if you take your equipment abroad, it’s just as vital that you protect it as if you’re performing at home.

With our worldwide cover option which provides protection up to 180 days a year, you can have peace of mind that your equipment is in very good hands, wherever your passion takes you.

Why choose us?

Our specialist music equipment insurance is provided by Insure4Music, part of Ripe. You can build your own policy and choose the cover that suits you and your gear. We will make sure your equipment is protected, and our Lowest Price Guarantee means we’re confident you won’t find the same level of cover to match your needs for a better price elsewhere.

That’s why, if you take out a policy and within 14 days find the same levels of cover elsewhere for less, we’ll refund the difference.

Get an instant quote online today.

Please enter a valid email address.

Please Please tick one of the boxes below.

Let's stay in touch. Sign up to receive special offers and exclusive discounts.

Your data is safe with us and you can unsubscribe at any time. For more information, please see our Privacy policy.

Thank you for subscribing, you’ll be hearing from us soon!