Specialist Musical Instrument Insurance

What is musical instrument insurance?

Playing an instrument isn’t just a pastime, it’s a passion which shapes many musicians’ lives.

Imagine, therefore, how devastating it would be if your instrument was lost, damaged or stolen? Furthermore, imagine if you had to pay for repairs or replacements out of your own pocket because you didn’t have musical instrument insurance?

This doesn’t bear thinking about, especially if you use your instrument to perform live. The bottom line is, your instrument is your pride and joy – and as such, it needs to be protected with the right cover.

Our musical instrument insurance is designed to protect your instrument against loss, theft and damage, whether you perform live or simply practise at home.

What do we insure?

Whatever your instrument, it’s likely we insure it. Take a look at the list of different musical instruments and equipment we insure at the bottom of the page, but this is by no means definitive.

If you’re unsure about something or an item you want to protect is not on the list, simply give us a call on 08000 112 4752 to check.

Why do you need Equipment cover for your instrument?

Even if you take good care of your instrument, there’s always the possibility it could be lost, damaged or stolen. For instance, your instrument could be accidentally damaged while you’re on your way to a live show or lesson, or someone could break in and steal it while you’re out of the house.

That’s why, whether your instrument is a guitar, violin or turntable, it’s vital you protect it with Equipment cover.

With this cover, your instrument is protected against theft, loss and accidental damage, both at home and when out and about, and can be repaired or replaced as quickly as possible.

Our Equipment cover also insures the collective value of all your instruments, meaning you don’t have to list every instrument or piece of kit you want to insure. We’ll also cover up to £30,000 of equipment left in a secure studio.

Remember – most home insurance policies won’t automatically cover your musical instruments. You might need to add extra cover to your home insurance, which can be expensive, and making a claim could increase the cost of your premium. Even if your home insurance does cover your instruments, this protection is unlikely to apply outside your home.

Thankfully, our fine-tuned specialist insurance will always hit the right chord and you won’t ever pay for more than you need.

  • Musicians can cover their equipment against theft, loss and damage. The premium is dependent on the type of instrument you own and its value. Get a quick quote for your instrument.
  • We’ll pay for repairs or replacements up to the figure stated in your Insurance Schedule.
  • If an item is less than three years old – and was bought new – we’ll replace it New-for-Old. We also cover laptops which are less than 18 months old and were bought new.

What other policy options do we offer?

  • Performance cover which includes:
  • Loss of Earnings up to £750 per week
  • Equipment Hire up to £250
  • Equipment Breakdown up to £1,000
  • Multiple person cover
  • Worldwide cover up to 180 days a year

Why do you need Performance cover?

This is an important policy option if you play your instrument live. Performance cover includes Equipment Hire, which reimburses you for the hire of an alternative instrument from a recognised reputable dealer whilst your equipment is going through an insurance claim, and Equipment Breakdown protection if your electronic equipment packs in.

As part of our Performance cover, we also offer Loss of Earnings cover for up to 52 weeks, to support you financially if you can’t earn your usual income because of an injury sustained whilst performing.

Can one policy cover more than one person?

Yes – if you play an instrument as part of a group, or you are in a band, you can take out one policy for everyone – all we need are the names for the other people you would like to include on the policy.

Do you want to play or perform abroad?

We understand you might want to gig abroad, go on tour or simply play on holiday. Wherever you fancy going, it’s important we come along for the trip.

Stay protected with our Worldwide cover for up to 180 days a year and take your instrument abroad knowing it’s in safe hands.

Why choose us?

Our specialist musical instrument insurance is provided by Insure4Music, part of Ripe. You can build your own policy and choose the cover that best suits you and your instrument.

We will make sure your equipment is protected, and our Lowest Price Guarantee means we’re confident you won’t find the same level of cover to match your needs for a better price elsewhere.

That’s why, if you take out a policy and find the same levels of cover elsewhere for less within 14 days, we’ll refund the difference.

Get an instant quote online today.

Please enter a valid email address.

Please Please tick one of the boxes below.

Let's stay in touch. Sign up to receive special offers and exclusive discounts.

Your data is safe with us and you can unsubscribe at any time. For more information, please see our Privacy policy.

Thank you for subscribing, you’ll be hearing from us soon!