Get % off your quote with our Introductory Discount

Introductory Offer - Save %

Frequently asked questions

Ripe Insurance for Caravans FAQs
  • What is 'new for old' cover?
    • If your holiday home or caravan is damaged beyond repair or stolen, you will be reimbursed for the value it would cost to replace it with a new, equivalent model (if one is available in the United Kingdom). For touring caravans, new for old cover only applies if the caravan was purchased brand new.


    What is 'market value' cover?
    • If your holiday home or caravan is damaged beyond repair or stolen, you will be reimbursed for the market value at the time of the loss.


    Can you insure me if I live outside the UK?
    • Unfortunately not. We can only insure permanent UK residents.

    I previously made some claims, can I still take out a policy with you?
    • We’ll ask about your claims history when you get a quote with us. Whether we can offer you a policy will depend on the number of claims you’ve had, the claim value and the circumstances.

    Can I protect my no claims discount?
    • Yes. As long as you have three years no claims discount, you can protect this by selecting the ‘protect your no claims discount’ option during your quote or at renewal. Please note that if you have two claims within a three year period, following the second claim your no claims discount will no longer be protected. This means that a third claim in three years would affect your no claims discount. Protecting your no claims discount does not guarantee your renewal premium however you will benefit from the no claims discount on your renewal premium. Please see the Policy Wording for full details.

    How much Public Liability cover do I need?
    • Although there isn’t a set limit for Public Liability insurance for caravan and holiday home owners by law, some holiday parks may require you to have a certain amount of cover so you should check before you choose your policy. All of our caravan and holiday home policies come with up to £2 million Public Liability insurance included as standard. If you require additional cover, you can choose to increase this to £3 million or £5 million for an additional premium. Get a quote.

    What should I do if I need to make a claim?
    • If you need to make a claim, please contact our claims department as soon as possible on 0344 274 0272 or by email. Please see Making a claim for further information.


    Can I add extra cover to my policy later?
    • Absolutely. We appreciate that your requirements might change from time-to-time, which is why we’ve made it easy to add and remove cover. Simply Contact Us and we’ll make the changes you need, hassle-free.

    Who are Ripe?
    • We are one of the UK’s leading specialists in niche insurance products. Over 250,000 policyholders have already chosen Ripe for their sports, leisure, personal and business insurance. Our fresh approach to insurance is all about making insurance easy-to-buy, simple-to-understand, jargon-free and excellent value. We ensure that our insurance practices not only meet but exceed the standards set by the Financial Conduct Authority, giving our customers a clear understanding of our insurance products and providing a first-class insurance service. Find out about how we do things differently.

    What is the Ripe Guarantee?
    • The Ripe Guarantee incorporates all the things that are great about Ripe. With the Ripe Guarantee, you’ll get great cover and exceptional service at the right price. Click here to find out more.

    Can I pay monthly?
    • We offer a variety of payment options. If it suits you to pay in one lump sum, you can choose to pay this by a single Direct Debit from your bank, or by Credit or Debit card. Alternatively, you can pay in monthly instalments. Select the ‘Pay monthly’ option at check out, pay the deposit and we’ll take the remaining balance over 9 instalments.

Static caravans, lodges, cabins and chalets FAQs
Touring caravan FAQs
  • Can I insure my caravan for European use?
    • Yes, simply select ‘European Cover’ in the additional cover section during the quote. This provides cover for up to 45 days in any one trip, with a maximum of 60 days in total.

      Cover is included in the following countries: Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy including the Vatican City, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland.

      If you have an existing policy with us and would like to add European Cover, please give us a call on 0344 274 0271.

    What age of touring caravan can you cover?
    • We can cover caravans up to a maximum of 15 years old.

    Can my family and friends use my caravan?
    • The standard cover is for the policyholder only. If you would like to extend your cover for your family and friends, you can include this by adding the ‘Family and Friends Extension’. You can either add this when you get a quote, or call us on 0344 274 0271 and we can add this for you. Please note that we cannot provide cover you for hire and reward or if you receive any kind of payment for renting out your tourer.

    What are the minimum safety and security requirements?
    • Read our safety and security requirements here

    Do you cover all types of touring caravans?
    • We cover over 65 different makes of touring caravans, folding caravans, trailer tents and folding campers. Unfortunately, there is a small number of makes that we cannot cover. Please see below:

      Fleetwood USA
      Lord Munsterland

    Am I covered if my caravan is damaged in a storm?
    • We will cover damage caused to your caravan by a storm, for example, windows can break or falling trees could cause serious damage. Please note, we do not cover any loss or damage to awnings as a result of a storm.

    Am I covered if my caravan is damaged as a result of a mechanical or electrical failure?
    • If your caravan was damaged as a result of a mechanical or electrical failure, we would not cover damage to the item which failed, but we would cover the resultant damage to your caravan. For example, if there was an electrical fault with the cooker we would not cover the damage to the cooker, but if it caused a fire which then damaged other parts of the caravan, this would be covered under your policy.

Homepage images supplied by Fendt Caravans and Willerby Holiday Homes.


Let's stay in touch. Sign up to receive special offers and exclusive discounts.

Your data is safe with us and you can unsubscribe at any time. For more information, please see our Privacy policy.

We also work with a few, carefully selected retail and leisure partners. Please click below if it's ok for us to send you offers and information from these partners from time to time.

Thank you for subscribing, you’ll be hearing from us soon!