Insurance for Singers

What is specialist singing insurance?

When you’re singing, you want your mind to be solely focused on hitting those difficult notes rather than worrying what could go wrong.

Whether you require Equipment cover in case your P.A. system is damaged or stolen, or Public Liability cover should your electrics cause damage to a venue or you injure someone, our singing insurance is designed to protect you. With us, you’re free to focus on your sound and wowing the crowd.

What cover do we offer?

  • Stolen, Lost or Damaged Equipment cover up to £50,000
  • Up to £5m Public Liability, including FREE Professional Indemnity up to £1m
  • Performance cover which includes:
  • Loss of Earnings up to £750 per week
  • Equipment Hire up to £250
  • Equipment Breakdown up to £1,000
  • Up to £30,000 Personal Accident
  • Multiple person cover
  • Worldwide cover up to 180 day a year

Specialist cover for singers

We fine-tune our insurance to get it just right for each individual singer. Simply choose the cover that suits you and only pay for what you need.

Why do you need Equipment cover?

Whether you‘re an experienced singer or a novice, the equipment you use can be expensive, with some complete P.A. systems costing well over £1,000.

What’s more, many singers and musicians tell us they cannot rely on clubs, pubs and venues to provide adequate equipment, so you may be lugging your equipment around with you, leaving it in your car or overnight in a venue.

This is where you need Equipment cover. If your equipment were lost, damaged or stolen and you didn’t have Equipment cover, you’d have to pay for repairs or replacements out of your own pocket.

With our Equipment cover, your singing equipment is covered both at home and when out and about, and you can insure a single item worth up to £15,000. This cover ensures your gear can be repaired or replaced with minimal fuss, meaning you can get back to performing in no time.

  • Singers can cover their equipment against theft, loss and damage. We’ll pay for repairs or replacements up to the figure stated in your Insurance Schedule.
  • If an item is less than three years old – and was bought new – we’ll replace it New-for-Old.
  • We also cover laptops which are less than 18 months old and were bought new.

Why do you need Public Liability insurance?

When you sing live at venues, there’s always the risk you could damage third party property or even accidentally injure someone else. For example, if plugging in your equipment causes electrical damage to the venue and you are deemed liable, you could face a hefty bill.

This is where Public Liability insurance comes in. Our Public Liability insurance protects your legal accountability if a claim is made against you for accidental property damage or injury.

Such is the importance of Public Liability insurance, most venues you play at will ask to see proof of Public Liability insurance before allowing you to perform on their premises. That’s why we’ll email your Public Liability insurance certificate straight to your phone, so that you can quickly and easily provide this to anyone who needs it.

  • Our Public Liability cover starts at £1 million.
  • This cover also includes up to £1 million Professional Indemnity FREE which will cover you against claims that derive from any information you’ve given which is considered misleading.

Why do you need Performance cover?

If you showcase your singing talents to a crowd, you need Performance cover. This is comprised of three elements: Loss of Earnings, Equipment Breakdown cover and Music Equipment Hire.

With Loss of Earnings cover, you’ll receive financial support for up to 52 weeks if you have an accident during a performance and your injuries leave you unable to work or perform and receive your usual income.

We also provide Equipment Breakdown cover, which covers you should your equipment break and it wasn’t because of accidental damage, and Music Equipment Hire, which covers you for the hire of alternative music equipment whilst awaiting a repair or replacement for your insured equipment.

Why do you need Personal Accident cover?

Even the most experienced performers can have accidents from time to time. If you trip over a wire and fall whilst singing or you simply slip and badly injure yourself, it’s essential you have Personal Accident insurance in case your injuries are serious.

Our Personal Accident cover ensures the financial impact of serious injuries is kept to a minimum, by providing compensation for dental treatment, loss of limbs, loss of sight, permanent disablement and even death. This way, you’re covered for even the worst-case scenarios.

  • We provide up to £30,000 Personal Accident cover.

Do you want to insure additional people on your policy?

If you want to add more people to your policy, perhaps if you have backing singers for example, you don’t have to worry about multiple insurance policies for each person. With Insure4Music you can cover multiple people on one policy.

Do you want to sing abroad?

If you want to take your vocal talents around the world, it’s vital you stay just as protected abroad as you are at home.

We offer Worldwide cover up to 180 days a year so you can sing your heart out without worrying about things going wrong – which can be even more daunting if you’re in a foreign country!

Why choose us?

Our singing insurance is provided by Insure4Music, part of Ripe. You can build your own policy and choose the cover that best suits you.

We’re confident you won’t find another policy that closely matches your needs for a lower price. That’s why, with our Lowest Price Guarantee, if you take out a policy and within 14 days find the same levels of cover elsewhere for less, we’ll refund the difference.

If you don’t already have specialist singing insurance, it’s time to change your tune.

Get an instant quote online today.

Please enter a valid email address.

Please Please tick one of the boxes below.

Let's stay in touch. Sign up to receive special offers and exclusive discounts.

Your data is safe with us and you can unsubscribe at any time. For more information, please see our Privacy policy.

Thank you for subscribing, you’ll be hearing from us soon!