Insurance for Music Teachers

What is specialist music teacher insurance?

Sharing your passion for music with your pupils and seeing them excel in something they love is an incredibly rewarding and fulfilling job. In some ways, it’s not a job at all.

Therefore, imagine how devastating it would be if an unfortunate accident meant that you couldn’t teach for a while, because you didn’t have the right insurance.

That’s where we come in. With our specialist music teacher insurance, you can cover yourself against claims made following advice you’ve given to pupils. You can also select from a variety of policy options, depending on your specific requirements.

Whether you teach music lessons from home, at a school or a pupil’s house, our music teacher insurance can be tailored to your needs.

With this cover, you’re free to concentrate on what you do best, which is inspiring the next generation of musical talent.

What cover do we offer?

  • Stolen, Lost or Damaged Equipment cover up to £50,000
  • Up to £5m Public Liability insurance, including £1m Professional Indemnity FREE
  • Performance cover which includes:
  • Loss of Earnings up to £750 per week
  • Equipment Hire up to £250
  • Equipment Breakdown up to £1,000
  • Up to £30,000 Personal Accident
  • Worldwide cover up to 180 days a year

Specialist cover for music teachers

Without blowing our own trumpet, we can give you exactly the right insurance to suit you. Our policies are built with the needs of music teachers in mind – simply choose the cover options you want and only pay for what you need.

Why do you need Public Liability insurance?

Public Liability insurance is so important, most schools you teach at will ask for proof of it before allowing you to teach on their premises.

The reason Public Liability is so vital is that it protects you if a claim is made against you for causing accidental damage to someone’s property, or if you’re held responsible for another person’s injury whilst teaching.

Here are some scenarios where Public Liability would provide protection:

  • You’re teaching a pupil the electric guitar. You’re plugging in some amplifiers and your pupil trips over some wires and badly injures themselves. The pupil or their parents may hold you responsible and make a compensation claim against you.
  • You’re a private music teacher who teaches piano. During a lesson, your pupil slips over a rug getting up from the piano and bangs their head, resulting in a head injury, a concussion and an injury to their shoulder which requires physiotherapy. The pupil or their parents make a compensation claim against you.
  • You want to teach at a local school or community centre. They ask to see your Public Liability certificate before allowing you to use their space, in line with their protocol.

With Public Liability, you’re covered for these scenarios and can teach without worrying about if something goes wrong.

Our quick, easy quote and buy process also means you can have your Public Liability insurance certificate emailed straight to your phone, so you’ve always got it to hand.

  • Our Public Liability cover starts at £1 million.
  • If a claim is made against you, our Public Liability insurance for music teachers covers your legal liability and potential legal costs up to £5 million.
  • You’ll also receive FREE Professional Indemnity cover up to £1 million. This covers your legal liability if you are deemed to have given negligent or misleading advice to a pupil. So, if they make a claim against you, your livelihood as a music teacher is protected.

Why do you need Equipment cover?

We understand that the equipment you use to teach can be very expensive. Therefore, imagine how devastating it would be if it was lost, damaged or stolen? It’s easily done. Here are some examples:

  • During a lesson, a pupil picks up one of your instruments incorrectly and drops it, causing irreparable damage.
  • You leave the house one day, and someone breaks into your home and steals your instruments.

If these things happened and you didn’t have Equipment cover – you’d not only be unable to teach, but severely out of pocket.

Thankfully, our Equipment cover ensures your music equipment is protected against loss, theft and damage, both at home and when you’re out and about. It covers equipment worth up to £50,000, with a maximum of £15,000 per single item. With this cover in place, your equipment can be repaired or replaced with minimal fuss, meaning you can get back to teaching in no time.

  • Music teachers can cover their equipment against theft, loss and damage. We’ll pay for repairs or replacements up to the figure stated in your Insurance Schedule.
  • If an item is less than three years old – and was bought new – we’ll replace it New-for-Old. We also cover laptops New-for-Old if they’re less than 18 months old and were bought new.

If an item is more than three years old, we will replace it at its current market value.

Why choose us?

Our specialist music teacher insurance is provided by Insure4Music, part of Ripe. We’re confident you won’t find another policy that closely matches your needs for a lower price.

That’s why, with our Lowest Price Guarantee, if you take out a policy and within 14 days find the same levels of cover elsewhere for less, we’ll refund the difference.

Get an instant quote online today.

Please enter a valid email address.

Please Please tick one of the boxes below.

Let's stay in touch. Sign up to receive special offers and exclusive discounts.

Your data is safe with us and you can unsubscribe at any time. For more information, please see our Privacy policy.

Thank you for subscribing, you’ll be hearing from us soon!