Why insure your kayak with us?
Your kayak is vulnerable to damage, given how frequently it battles volatile waters. It could even be washed away completely and lost forever if the current is strong enough. That’s why our kayak insurance will protect your kayak against damage, loss and theft, so the money doesn’t have to come out of your own pocket.
As well as this, we’ll provide you with up to £3 million Third Party Liability as standard, so you’ll be covered if you damage someone else’s property or injure another person while kayaking. Our kayak insurance also includes New-for-Old cover for items which are less than 3 years old and were bought new.
Our kayak insurance policies are tailored to your requirements, meaning you’ll only ever pay for the cover you need. You can add any optional extras you want, such as European cover to ensure you can use your kayak abroad or Personal Accident cover to ensure you get the treatment you deserve if you suffer a serious injury following a kayaking accident. With our extensive range of cover, we’ll make sure that if you find yourself in deep water, you’ll stay afloat.
About our cover:
- Build your own policy so you don’t need to pay for cover you don’t need
- Quickly add on European cover if you take your kayak abroad
- £3 million Third Party Liability included as standard
- Kayaks bought new up to 3 years old will be replaced new-for-old
- Kayaks over 3 years old will be replaced on a market value basis
What does kayak insurance cover?
It covers all different types of kayaks, such as flat water kayaks and whitewater kayaks. The aim of our specialist kayak insurance is to protect you and your kayak, as well as others on the water, so that an accident doesn’t come in the way of you and your hobby.
This can involve covering the costs incurred as a result of theft or damage to your kayak or protecting your legal liability if your kayak injures someone else or damages someone else’s property. It can also include New for Old cover – so you don’t have to fork out large amounts of money if your new kayak is damaged – or Personal Accident cover in case you injure yourself. You can choose what your policy entails but our kayak insurance aims to make sure you’re never left high and dry!
How much is kayak insurance?
The cost depends on a variety of factors. These include your age and your claims history. However, we can guarantee that you won’t find the same cover for less under our Ripe Guarantee.
The Ripe Guarantee
Our build your own kayak insurance policies have been rubberstamped with a Ripe Guarantee.
- We only work with the UK’s leading insurers including Aviva and RSA.
- We have a slick quote and buy process - our aim is to help you get a quote by asking as few questions as possible.
- We’ve ‘unpackaged’ insurance - pick and choose your cover options so you only pay for the cover you need.
- We regularly benchmark our prices against the competition.
- We have over 10,500 Trustpilot reviews which rate us on average as ‘Excellent’.
If you find the same cover for cheaper elsewhere, we won’t be beaten on price. With Insure4Boats on board, it’s plain sailing.