Why insure your RIB (Rigid Inflatable Boat) with us?
Our RIB insurance has been designed to protect your RIB against theft, accidental damage, malicious damage and salvage charges.
You’ll know that on the water accidents can happen, particularly when the weather takes a turn for the worst or you’re hitting high speeds. There’s always the chance you could damage another boat or perhaps injure a swimmer. With up to £3 million Third Party Liability included as standard, you’ll be covered if you cause damage to another boat, someone else’s property or injure another person – because it’s essential you can cover compensation claims that might be heading your way. With a RIB insurance policy, you can also add on optional extras you require, including Road Transit cover which will ensure that you’re covered against accidental damage caused to your RIB whilst in transit.
About our cover:
- Build your own policy so you don’t need to pay for any unnecessary extras
- Quickly add on Road Transit or European cover if you need it
- £3 million Third Party Liability included as standard with all policies
- Cruise the inland and coastal waters of the UK and Europe, exclusions apply
- Our cover extends to any person in charge of your RIB, with your permission
- Up to 25% no claims discount if you’ve made no claims in the past 5 years
- Up to 10% discount if you moor your boat in a recognised marina
What does RIB insurance cover?
We know RIBs come in all kinds of shapes and sizes, so we don’t put a limit on that. But RIB insurance will cover your boat up to a maximum speed of 50 knots. Your RIB is also covered if it’s moored at the following; marinas, ashore, pontoon and swing, trot or pile. As previously stated, it also covers your boat for theft, damage and salvage charges, as well as protecting your liability for damages caused by your RIB to someone else’s boat, property or person. With our RIB insurance, you’ll never feel deflated if the worst was to happen.
How much is RIB insurance?
The cost of your Rigid Inflatable Boat insurance will depend on a number of different variables including; the type of cover you opt for, the speed (in knots) of your RIB, the value of your RIB, the age of your boat, your usual mooring location and type and your age, marine experience and marine claims history. But we have made it quick and easy to get a quote and we can assure you that you won’t find the same cover for less.
The Ripe Guarantee
Our build your own RIB insurance policies have been rubberstamped with a Ripe Guarantee.
- We only work with the UK’s leading insurers including Aviva and RSA.
- We have a slick quote and buy process - our aim is to help you get a quote by asking as few questions as possible.
- We’ve ‘unpackaged’ insurance - pick and choose your cover options so you only pay for the cover you need.
- We regularly benchmark our prices against the competition.
- We have over 10,500 Trustpilot reviews which rate us on average as ‘Excellent’.
If you find the same cover for cheaper elsewhere, we won’t be beaten on price. With Insure4Boats on board, it’s plain sailing.
*Based on a survey of 3,673 respondents sent in Dec 2019 .