Sailing boat insurance
Why insure your sailing boat with us?
Even an experienced sailor can’t accurately predict the forces of nature. Both inconsistent wind and water, as well as human error can cause accidents – so it’s essential to have the right insurance. If you didn’t have insurance and your sailing boat suffered storm-related damage, you could end up having to pay for the damages out of your own pocket.
That’s why our Boat (Hull & Machinery) & Third Party Liability cover will protect your sailing boat against theft, storm-related damage, malicious damage and salvage charges – so you aren’t left in deep water. In addition, if you damaged someone else’s boat or property whilst sailing, or even injured someone else, it’s vital you are able to afford the legal fees.
This is where our £3 million Third Party Liability comes in. This is provided as standard so that you’re protected if you hit another boat or cause damage to a marina for example and you are required to pay for any damages or legal fees.
On top of this, our sailing boat insurance also covers you for local club racing if you like to put your skills to the test. So, if you take part in club-organised races in your sailing boat, we’ll cover you for the races that take place at your club as well as those organised by other local sailing clubs. Now that’s a good head start.
Of course, we understand that the cover required will vary from person to person, dependant on whether they’re an avid sailor or simply like to dabble in it every now and again. With a sailing boat insurance policy, you can add on a range of optional extras including; European cover, Personal Accident and Winter cover.
About our cover:
- Build your own policy so you don’t need to pay for cover you don’t need
- £3 million Third Party Liability included as standard with all policies
- Sail the inland and coastal waters of the UK and Europe, exclusions apply
- Our cover extends to any person in charge of your sailing boat, with your permission
- Up to 25% no claims discount if you’ve made no claims in the past 5 years
- Up to 10% discount if you moor your boat in a recognised marina
What does sailing boat insurance cover?
Sailing boat insurance will cover your boat up to a maximum of 50ft in length including monohull and catamarans. A variety of mooring types can be covered on a sailing boat insurance policy such as; marinas, ashore, pontoon, swing, trot and pile. Included as standard is local club racing. Sailing boat insurance will protect your boat against theft or damage or protect your liability if your boat causes damage to another boat, property, or injury to a person. Essentially, if something rocks the boat…it’s likely we can protect you, so you can return to gliding along the water in no time.
How much is sailing boat insurance?
There are a few variables which may impact how much your sailing boat insurance will cost. These include; the level of cover you choose, the value of your sailing boat, the age of your sailing boat, your age and marine claims history. However, we know that you won’t find the same cover for less. That’s guaranteed.
The Ripe Guarantee
Our build your own sailing boat insurance policies have been rubberstamped with a Ripe Guarantee.
- We only work with the UK’s leading insurers including Aviva and RSA.
- We have a slick quote and buy process - our aim is to help you get a quote by asking as few questions as possible.
- We’ve ‘unpackaged’ insurance - pick and choose your cover options so you only pay for the cover you need.
- We regularly benchmark our prices against the competition.
- We have over 10,500 Trustpilot reviews which rate us on average as ‘Excellent’.
If you find the same cover for cheaper elsewhere, we won’t be beaten on price. With Insure4Boats on board, it’s plain sailing.
*Based on a survey of 3,673 respondents sent in Dec 2019 .