Small open motor boat insurance
Why insure your small open motor boat with us?
Do you think paying for repairs after someone damaged your boat is fair? Or buying a new boat because it was stolen? We don’t. That’s why our insurance is designed to protect your small open motor boat against theft, accidental damage, malicious damage and salvage charges.
It includes up to £3 million Third Party Liability as standard which protects you if your small open motor boat damages another boat, someone else’s property or causes injury to a person. This is vital as there are many other valuable crafts floating on the UK’s seas and one collision could escalate quickly, leading to a lawsuit or claim costing thousands of pounds.
You can also add on optional extras to your policy to suit your needs including Winter cover which means you can use your boat on coastal waters from the 1st November – 31st March. You can also add Personal Accident cover, so you’re not on your own if you sustain a serious injury whilst out on your boat.
About our cover:
- Build your own policy so you don’t need to pay for any unnecessary extras
- Quickly add on Winter cover and Road Transit if you need it
- £3 million Third Party Liability included as standard with all policies
- Our cover extends to any person in charge of your small open motor boat, with your permission
- 0% APR on all monthly premiums over £50
- Up to 25% no claims discount if you’ve made no claims in the past 5 years
- Up to 10% discount if you moor your boat in a recognised marina and ashore
What does small open motor boat cover?
Small open motor boat insurance includes cover for your boat up to a maximum of 20ft. in length, providing it doesn’t have a cabin or cuddy and can be propelled using an outbound motor with a maximum speed of 15 knots.
Small open motor boat insurance covers costs incurred as a result of theft or damage to your boat and protects your liability if your boat causes damage to another person’s boat or injuries someone else. With Small open motor boat insurance, you’ll get peace of mind and ensure that should an incident happen, you’ll be back on the water in no time. It pays to be protected.
How much is small open motor boat insurance?
There are a few variables which may impact how much your small open motor boat insurance will cost. These include the level of cover you choose, the value of your small open motor boat, your small open motor boat’s mooring type and your marine claim history. But just like your small open motor boat, our policies come at a small cost – we promise you won’t find the same cover for less.
The Ripe Guarantee
Our build your own small open motor boat insurance policies have been rubberstamped with a Ripe Guarantee.
- We only work with the UK’s leading insurers including Aviva and RSA.
- We have a slick quote and buy process - our aim is to help you get a quote by asking as few questions as possible.
- We’ve ‘unpackaged’ insurance - pick and choose your cover options so you only pay for the cover you need.
- We regularly benchmark our prices against the competition.
- We have over 10,500 Trustpilot reviews which rate us on average as ‘Excellent’.
If you find the same cover for cheaper elsewhere, we won’t be beaten on price. With Insure4Boats on board, it’s plain sailing.
*Limited to Belgium, Holland, France (but not West of Brest) and Eire (but restricted to the Irish sea).