Why insure your speedboat with us?
If your motors were stolen or your speedboat was damaged by a storm, this would not only be frustrating, it would set you back thousands of pounds if you didn’t have insurance.
Our speedboat insurance can protect your boat against theft, accidental damage, malicious damage and salvage charges so you don’t have to worry about paying for repairs or a replacement out of your own pocket.
Travelling at high speeds also increases the chances of an accident happening. If you were to collide with a jet-ski, damaging it and injuring its passengers, you may incur legal fees. That’s why our speedboat insurance includes up to £3 million of Third Party Liability as standard.
You can even add on optional extras to your speedboat insurance policy, such as Water Ski and Wakeboard Liability. These will cover you if you cause any damage to property or injure another person when using water skis or wakeboards.
If you regularly tow your boat between where you motor and where you keep it, Road Transit can also be added and will ensure you’re covered against accidental damage to your speedboat, as well as theft or loss when towing your boat.
Our flexible cover options mean you can build a policy that suits you and your speedboat, so you’ll only ever pay for the cover you need.
About our cover:
- Build your own policy so you don’t need to pay for any unnecessary extras
- Quickly add on Road Transit, European cover or Liability cover for skis and wakeboards if you need it
- £3 million Third Party Liability included as standard with all policies
- Cruise the inland and coastal waters of the UK and Europe, exclusions apply
- Our cover extends to any person in charge of your speedboat, with your permission
- Up to 25% no claims discount if you’ve made no claims in the past 5 years
- Up to 10% discount if you moor your boat in a recognised marina
What does speedboat cover?
Speedboat insurance will cover all speedboats travelling up to a maximum of 50 knots. It will cover speedboats moored in marinas, ashore, to pontoons and swing, trot or pile. Speedboat insurance will protect your boat against theft, accidental damage and salvage charges as well as Third Party Liability in case you cause damage to another boat, person or property. We want you to be able to relax on the water without worrying about something going wrong.
How much is speedboat insurance?
Speedboat insurance premium costs will depend on a number of different variables, including the level of speedboat cover you choose, the maximum speed (in knots) of your speedboat, your speedboat’s value, the age of your speedboat, your usual mooring type and location (UK/ abroad), your marine experience and claims history. You can get a quote at lightning speed to see what it’ll cost and we can guarantee you won’t find the same cover for less.
The Ripe Guarantee
Our build your own speedboat insurance policies have been rubberstamped with a Ripe Guarantee.
- We only work with the UK’s leading insurers including Aviva and RSA.
- We have a slick quote and buy process - our aim is to help you get a quote by asking as few questions as possible.
- We’ve ‘unpackaged’ insurance - pick and choose your cover options so you only pay for the cover you need.
- We regularly benchmark our prices against the competition.
- We have over 10,500 Trustpilot reviews which rate us on average as ‘Excellent’.
If you find the same cover for cheaper elsewhere, we won’t be beaten on price. With Insure4Boats on board, it’s plain sailing.
*Limited to Belgium, Holland, France (but not West of Brest) and Eire (but restricted to the Irish sea).