The primary purpose of the Content and PR Manager is to develop and successfully execute the Content and Digital PR strategy for Ripe’s group of products, leading a team to ensure SEO and content targets are achieved.
- Develop and deliver the Content and Digital PR strategy for Ripe’s group of products, ensuring this aligns with overarching SEO strategy
- Recruit and manage the Digital PR & Content team to ensure they deliver the required content and campaigns to a high standard at required pace
- Develop and deliver monthly content schedule for all products, ensuring content plan aligns with SEO and broader marketing strategy, and all content is properly optimised based on keyword research
- Regularly contribute to the content schedule in the form of blogs, articles, product pages and press releases
- Proof and edit the team’s content, setting and maintaining high quality standards.
- Deliver Digital PR campaigns, from ideation to outreach, in order to regularly secure links and coverage for all products
- Recommend and execute an off-site content strategy to include blogger / influencer outreach, link reclamation and external content creation / guest posting on relevant content sites
- Commission and/or undertake bespoke research to create unique data for the purpose of generating earned editorial mentions and links
- Develop an “always-on” press office function that includes issuing company news when required, thought leadership and timely commentary/reaction to relevant news events.
- Create and nurture relationships with journalists and online publications to ensure we continually acquire links and mentions from relevant websites with a high authority
- Maximise PR opportunities by reacting quickly to breaking news and events in order to secure links and coverage
- Deliver strategy for brand ambassadors; Bernard Gallacher & Lizzie Deignan ensuring it maximises our opportunities from a content and PR perspective
- To help deliver required policy volumes from SEO channel at target CPA
- Deliver insightful, engaging, and well-optimised content that delivers a high level of organic traffic, increases assisted conversions, and creates an optimal user experience.
- Grow the number of relevant, high-quality inbound links to all Ripe websites.
- To deliver growth in organic traffic through the consistent delivery of authoritative links to all Ripe websites
- To focus all efforts on activities which will have the greatest impact on business objectives
- To build strong relationships within Marketing team to ensure Content and PR activity aligns with marketing strategy, business objectives, and seasonality
- To keep up-to-date with the latest developments in Content and PR and share insights with the team where necessary
- Experience in a similar type of role such as content marketing, outreach, PR and communications or journalism, preferably in an agency environment
- Experience researching, drafting, and publishing online content in a variety of forms, including news, features, blogs, and press releases
- Experience building relationships with journalists, influencers, bloggers etc that have resulted in link generation
- A creative individual with a proven track record of coming up with campaign ideas
- Experience in using social media channels, primarily Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Experience of content marketing and social media analytics, reporting and strategy
- Experience sourcing quotes, conducting interviews and pitching over the phone
- Educated to degree level with a strong record of academic achievement
- Very strong command of English language – grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Exceptional attention to detail with an eye for consistency
- Great all-round communication skills – written and verbal
- A pro-active person who can deliver to strict deadlines
- A self-starter with a willingness to learn and the ability to consistently come up with fresh ideas and spot opportunities for outreach & content marketing
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work with wider marketing team and external agencies or partners
- English or journalism degree or NCTJ trained
- Experience working in a sports-related or financial services environment
- A sound understanding of SEO principles, onsite keyword optimisation and other related digital marketing tactics
- Experience producing multimedia content
- Experience of conducting interviews and sourcing quotes.
- Experience of working with Google Analytics, BuzzSumo and ResponseSource
- A passionate interest in sports and leisure and an awareness of key events and trends for the Ripe Insurance product markets, including golf, cycling, sailing, music, fitness and more
To apply for this role please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org