The Senior Content Executive’s primary objective is to execute a wide range of written content for multiple brands under the Ripe Insurance umbrella. This content will focus on sports, music, and various other recreational activities.
It will be delivered to a high-quality at the required pace, align with the digital marketing strategy, and play a key role in driving SEO performance.
- Write blogs on a variety of topics on a weekly basis, covering everything from health and fitness to photography.
- Produce other content which aligns with the wider SEO strategy and business objectives, such as product pages promoting a specific type of insurance.
- Upload content to WordPress and Umbraco, ensuring that all content produced is correctly optimised for the relevant target keywords (i.e., in the main body, meta descriptions, alt text, and image names).
- Pay close attention to readability and responsiveness when uploading content. Basic knowledge of heading elements, image coding, and linking best practices are essential.
- Update the rolling content schedule with the status and deadline date for each blog.
- Conduct monthly keyword research using SEMRush and Ahrefs, providing the Content Manager with monthly article suggestions for selected brands.
- Work with in-house design team, producing creative briefs for a variety of jobs including visuals to support blog posts.
- Create content for social media channels to amplify content, create engagement, and build positive relationships with influencers.
- Seek out relevant influencers to obtain supporting insights and quotes for articles where appropriate.
- Generate ideas for Digital PR campaigns which tap into the passions of Ripe policyholders, e.g., cyclists, golfers, boat owners, and photographers.
- Assist with e-newsletters where required, though this is not an integral part of the role.
- Write copy for Digital PR campaigns as required.
- Produce monthly reports on content performance, using data from Google Analytics.
- Complete content audits as required, using data from Google Analytics and Hotjar.
- To write insightful, engaging, and well-optimised content that delivers a high level of organic traffic, increases assisted conversions, and creates an optimal user experience.
- To work at the required pace and be confident in using WordPress and Umbraco.
- To understand the range of Ripe products and reflect this understanding in insurance-focused copy.
- To increase social engagement and wider brand awareness through the creation of eye-catching content, particularly on Instagram.
- To build strong relationships across Marketing team to ensure content strategy aligns with marketing strategy, business objectives, and seasonality.
- To work effectively and collaboratively as part of the Marketing team, communicating ideas in team meetings and suggesting areas for improvement.
- To keep up to date with the latest developments in content marketing and share insights with the team where necessary.
- Previous experience in a copywriting role (ideally 3+ years).
- Strong command of grammar, spelling, and punctuation, and a clear writing style.
- Experience researching, drafting, and publishing online content in a variety of forms, including news, features, blogs, and press releases.
- Experience in managing social media channels, primarily Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Experience of content marketing and social media analytics, reporting, and strategy.
- Exceptional attention to detail with an eye for consistency.
- Great all-round communication skills – written and verbal.
- A pro-active person who possesses a can-do attitude.
- Someone who can come to their manager with ideas and solutions rather than problems.
- Ability to work with wider marketing team and external agencies or partners.
- Experience of conducting interviews and sourcing quotes.
- Experience of working in an e-commerce role in financial services.
- Experience working in a sports-related or financial services environment.
- A passionate interest in sports and leisure and an awareness of key events and trends for the Ripe Insurance product markets, including golf, cycling, sailing, music, fitness, and more.
- Experience pitching ideas over the phone to journalists, bloggers, and key contacts.
- A sound understanding of SEO principles, onsite keyword optimisation, and other related digital marketing tactics.
- Good understanding of the marketing challenges faced by medium-sized e-commerce companies.
- Previous experience of using SEMRush or Ahrefs.
- Extensive experience of using Content Management Systems.
- Knowledge of basic HTML.
- Experience of working with various Office products e.g., Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong working knowledge of Google Analytics.
- Experience of using social media monitoring and reporting tools, e.g., Sprout Social and Facebook Business Manager.
- Experience of working with software tools e.g., Hotjar, VWO, and Optimizely.
- Experience producing multimedia content.
- Experience of working with BuzzSumo, Cision (Gorkana), Majestic, and MOZ.
- English or journalism degree or NCTJ-trained.
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C or above, including Maths and English.
- 3 A levels (or equivalent) at grade C or above.
- A degree in an appropriate discipline.