Underwritten by Aviva Insurance Limited

Caravan Insurance made simple

Award-winning insurance for Tourers, Statics or Holiday Homes, means you can build your perfect policy.

  • UK customer service team
  • Monthly payment options

Get a quick and easy quote

What do our customers say?

Why choose Ripe for your caravan or holiday home insurance?

Only pay for the cover you need

We've 'unpacked' caravan insurance, making it easy for you to create your own policy, saving you time and money. Select only the cover you need, meaning you won't pay for any cover you don't need.

Backed by the Ripe Guarantee

At Ripe we take good care of you with great cover and exceptional service at the right price. Click here to find out more.

Touring caravan club member discounts

We provide generous discounts for members of the UK's most popular clubs including CaSSoa, The Caravan and Motorhome Club and The Camping and Caravanning Club. 

What does our caravan insurance cover?

Static Caravans

Touring Caravans

Lodges cabins and chalets

Meet our expert

“Just as home and car insurance are important, caravan insurance should also be considered. Given the value of your caravan and the risks of potential damage or accidents occurring, having the right insurance will ensure that you have financial protection.”

Charlotte Hughes

Product Development Manager

Check out profile

Looking for motorhome insurance?

Get the protection you need with specialist motorhome insurance before you set off on your next big adventure.

Find out more

Important documents

If you already have insurance with Ripe, you’ll find your important documents for your policy in your Members area.

You can view our key documents below or view all of our documents on the Important Documents page.

Caravan Insurance FAQs
  • How much does caravan insurance cost?
    • The cost of caravan insurance can vary, depending on the type of caravan you wish to insure, the age of the caravan and what security measures you have in place.

      With our straightforward online quote process, you will be able to get a price for protecting your caravan within a few minutes.

    Can I protect my no claims discount?
    • Yes. As long as you have three years no claims discount, you can protect this by selecting the ‘protect your no claims discount’ option during your quote or at renewal. Please note that if you have two claims within a three year period, following the second claim your no claims discount will no longer be protected. This means that a third claim in three years would affect your no claims discount. Protecting your no claims discount does not guarantee your renewal premium however you will benefit from the no claims discount on your renewal premium. Please see the Policy Wording for full details.

    What is 'new for old' cover?
    • If your holiday home or caravan is damaged beyond repair or stolen, you will be reimbursed for the value it would cost to replace it with a new, equivalent model (if one is available in the United Kingdom). For touring caravans, new for old cover only applies if the caravan was purchased brand new.

    What does touring caravan insurance cover?
    • With touring caravan insurance, you are covered if your tourer or its contents are stolen, lost or damaged. Insurance will also cover you if you injure someone or damage property.

      If you would like more information, visit our touring caravan page.

    What does static caravan insurance cover?
    • Among other things, insurance protects you against damage to your static caravan, along with theft or damage of the contents. Public liability cover is also included so you are protected if someone is injured while in your caravan.

      For more information, visit our static caravan page.

    How much Public Liability cover do I need?
    • Although there isn’t a set limit for Public Liability insurance for caravan and holiday home owners by law, some holiday parks may require you to have a certain amount of cover so you should check before you choose your policy. All of our caravan and holiday home policies come with up to £2 million Public Liability insurance included as standard. If you require additional cover, you can choose to increase this to £3 million or £5 million for an additional premium. Get a quote.

Static caravans, lodges, cabins and chalets FAQs
  • What age of static caravan, lodge, cabin or chalet can you insure?
    • We can cover properties that were manufactured/built in the last 20 years.

    Do I need to drain my static caravan, lodge or chalet when I’m not using it?
    • Like most other insurers, we do have certain clauses for when you’re not at your caravan. During the winter (1st November – 31st March), we won’t cover claims caused by leaking, burst or frozen pipes unless you to do ONE of the following:

      • Set any automatic heating to 15˚C, or
      • Turn the water off at the mains and drain the system, or
      • If the park is still open you can turn the water off at the stopcock, keep taps open and plug holes unobstructed
    Can I insure my static caravan, lodge, or chalet that I live in all year round?
    • Our caravan insurance is designed for holiday homes only. This does not include residential park homes or holiday homes that are lived in all year round. If your caravan, lodge, chalet or other park home is your permanent residence, unfortunately we won’t be able to offer you insurance.

    What does Rental Cover and Loss of Rent include?
    • If you rent out your holiday home, you can add Rental Cover and Loss of Rent cover to provide protection against theft, loss or damage whilst it is in the care of the person renting it. This also covers any loss of rental income and cancelled bookings due to damage to your caravan. You can claim Loss of Rent of up to £200 per week up to a maximum of £800 in total. Please see the Policy Wording for full details.

Touring caravan FAQs
  • Can I insure my caravan for European use?
    • Yes, simply select ‘European Cover’ in the additional cover section during the quote. This provides cover for up to 60 days in any one trip, with a maximum of 120 days in total.

      Cover is included in the following countries: Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy including the Vatican City, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland.

      If you have an existing policy with us and would like to add European Cover, please give us a call on 0344 274 0271.

    Am I covered if my caravan is damaged as a result of a mechanical or electrical failure?
    • If your caravan was damaged as a result of a mechanical or electrical failure, we would not cover damage to the item which failed, but we would cover the resultant damage to your caravan. For example, if there was an electrical fault with the cooker we would not cover the damage to the cooker, but if it caused a fire which then damaged other parts of the caravan, this would be covered under your policy.

    What are the minimum safety and security requirements?
    • Read our safety and security requirements here

Refer your friends and you'll both be rewarded

If you choose to refer your friends to us, not only will we reward you with a £100 voucher of your choice but your friends could make some great savings too!

Find out more

Articles and guides

A comprehensive guide to caravan trackers

Having the right tracker for your caravan is very important is very important to keep your caravan safe. Here are some of the best trackers on the market right now and what features they offer.

Read our caravan tracker guide here

The ultimate guide to caravan insurance

Caravans are a big investment and insurance can protect you should the worst happen. Our ultimate guide to caravan insurance includes all the information you need to know no matter what stage of the caravan journey you’re at.

Check out our guide to caravan insurance
back to top


**Best Price Guarantee is based on like-for-like cover. A written quotation from the comparable provider must be provided, as well as their Policy Terms.
Ripe will endeavour to respond to any quote request within 14 days from receipt of all relevant documentation.

Content reviewed: 11th January 2023

Reviewed by: Charlotte Hughes

Please enter a valid email address.

Please Please tick one of the boxes below.

Let's stay in touch. Sign up to receive special offers and exclusive discounts.

Your data is safe with us and you can unsubscribe at any time. For more information, please see our Privacy policy.

Thank you for subscribing, you’ll be hearing from us soon!